Wednesday, August 12, 2015

AWS S3, PHP, XAMPP, and cURL error 60

Due to problems with VirtualBox and Vagrant on Windows 10, I've temporarily moved back to XAMPP for local development. While restoring the backed up databases to my local MySQL, I hit a cURL error 60.

The correct response to this problem was to download a CA Bundle and tell PHP to use it in the php.ini file, e.g.

[curl]
curl.cainfo="C:\xampp\php\extras\ssl\cacert.pem"

However, even after downloading a pem file from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html, setting the above, and restarting apache, I was still getting the same error. Since I'm using a phar file for the AWS SDK, debugging the problem was difficult.

A post by GeoffGordon finally solved this for me... downloading a zip file of the pem, and then using the extracted version, fixed this for me. Thanks, Geoff!

--------------------

When using WampServer, I had the same problem, with a different cause. The php.ini file indicated by a php file served from my local server was different than the php.ini file being used by PHPStorm for debugging. I extracted the php.ini used by PHPStorm by debugging a file with the following code.

<?php
ob_start();
phpinfo();
$phpinfo = ob_get_contents();

No comments: